Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, January 1, 2016

What Is Your Plan?

There is a bit of back story to this seemingly simple question.
Back in October I received an e-mail from a young lady who had seen my profile on a Catholic dating site. She wondered if we could get to know each other a bit. I thought "why not?". Well, we texted back and forth the next night for quite a while. I've never laughed so hard or had so much fun just texting with someone. So we kept texting each other, and started going deeper into who each of us was. After divulging one of my greatest personal struggles she challenged me and gave me an ultimatum that I needed to cut this destructive thing out of my life. I really needed that. Things progressed and I've been constantly humbled by this amazing person.
She lives a long ways away from me. There is no quick or easy way to get from Montana to Michigan, but we talked about meeting and the closer we got, through video chatting and texting, the more and more we both could not wait until we could meet some day.
This amazing person isn't alone though, she comes as a package deal I guess you could say. She has a young daughter who is first and foremost in her life. This has created many challenges for her but also many blessings. Having a child also forces her to think of the future she can provide for her daughter. So this is where this seemingly simple question comes in..."what is your plan?"
She asked me this question the other night but I didn't have an answer for her.
After a good conversation with my best friend, I realized that no one had ever asked me that specific question before. I hear questions all the time about what I'm up to or how things are going for me. No one has ever asked me what my plans were, my actual life plans.
So I had no answer. I've spent the years after college just going from one thing to the next. I've been alone the vast majority of the time, so I haven't had any one to plan for or with. My family has influenced a lot of my decisions, but concrete plans concerning my immediate family are not practical. I moved home to be with my family, but that's not a plan, it's just a decision that would lead to another decision and so on and so forth.
This question was a huge reality check for me as I'm finally understanding it.
So I've made a plan, but I'm going to pray about it more before I tell her or put it down in writing.
I ask for prayers that I will do God's will.
More to come.

So peace, blessings on this Solemnity of Mary the Mother of God and happy new year

No comments:

Post a Comment