Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Everyone Deserves My Love

I'm not sure what made me think about this at mass this morning. It shouldn't be a surprise that as a young, single guy I think about relationships a lot. Having been called a "good guy" my whole life, often I was placed in the friend zone growing up and even as I've gotten older I've felt that stigma a bit, whether it was there or not.
My closeness to God and my desire to be a righteous and upright man have been a grace from God, and many people notice that and admire that in me. My hope everyday is to radiate God's love and through God's grace I hopefully do that a little more each day. I'm far from perfect though, but in a world where men are failing in their calls to be actual men, by the grace of God I stand out a bit.
I wonder though, if any of my past relationships didn't feel worthy of being with a "good guy" like me?
I truly hope not. But if so, all I can say is everyone is deserving of my love, simply because of God and his love.
If I offer my friendship or a desire for a deeper relationship, especially today, it's because of God. I have so much love to give because God has been trying to overflow my heart with His love continually throughout my life.
Everyone that God brings into my life is deserving of my friendship and love.
I'm not afraid of love or giving my life to someone, and whomever God has heading my way in the future will know she is deserving of my love, because of God. That brings me a great deal of comfort when I think about that.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment