Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, January 25, 2016

My Mini-Saul Moments

We've all had moments when we've been knocked on our butts. One of mine happened just recently, and like Saul, it happened because I thought I was doing what I should be doing. I wanted to get things moving, for fear of losing something, so I pushed too far and ended up on my butt, bruised, sore and sad. Saul thought he was doing what he was supposed to be doing also. As a Pharisee, a leader in the Jewish community, he thought he needed to do all he could to stop the followers of the Way (what early Christians were called). He struck fear into the hearts of the followers of Christ and left a path of destruction wherever he went, until he headed to Damascus. I can't imagine what went through his mind when he heard the voice of Christ completely rock his whole world. The greatest challenge for him might have been the fact that after he was blinded he had to turn to those he was persecuting for help. That must have been a deeply humbling experience. After hearing the voice of Christ and then being blinded by a great light, Saul must have felt like anything was possible from that moment on though.
I had many a moment when I've been knocked on my butt, and I'm sure I will continue to have them. Saul did amazing things after he turned his life completely over to Jesus. I know I can as well, I just have to be patient.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment