Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

When I Think I Know

Isn't it funny how sometimes we think we know what will make us happy and bring us fulfillment?
This has been and will continue to be one the hardest lessons I have to learn.
It's so easy to fall into this trap though.  "I know what makes me happy and that is what I want"... yep, thoughts I have had before and will continue to have unfortunately.  It is because of thoughts like this that I have made some bad decisions in my life.
"I don't want that so I'm not going to do that" or "I think I really want this and it will make me happy so I'm going to pursue this".  Both thoughts have brought myself and others misery.
So what can I do?
Do I look back on those times when these thoughts and subsequent actions happened and try to fix them or do I just move on?
By trying to undo what I have done in the past am I just repeating a cycle of myself thinking I know what's best for me now?

I guess I just need to trust in God and hope I am doing what He needs me to be doing, whether I like it or not.
I'm getting to the point where I can let go of dreams of things and places, but letting go of people, people that I love is much harder.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment