Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Humility

Well, I'm moved to my new town.  Don't have my own place yet, but hopefully I can find a place this week. Living with a priest for a few days should be interesting.
God likes to give me little hints every once and a while and by His grace sometimes I get them or notice them.
For my last mass at home Father's homily was on humility.  Right away, I knew this was good for me and a little sign from God.  I have realized, or at least come to admit that I have a pride problem and humility is something I need to work at constantly.  Along with doing little humble things throughout the day I have also been praying the Litany of Humility every morning after doing morning prayer.  Also, Matt Maher has a song called "Every Little Prison" that is based off of the Litany of Humility, and guess what song I have been waking up to every morning for the last week as my alarm song.
Father made a good point in his homily and that was as soon as you think you are humble you have lost it.  Humility can't be measured and you can't win at being more humble then the next guy, it just doesn't work that way.  I've had the wrong mindset in a lot of different instances in my life, and as I have said before, I have not be consistent with many things.
I'm beginning to realize that the dreams I have had these last few years may not be what God has in store for me, but as I grow closer to God the more I tend to be okay with that.  I truly want to be humble and be where and do what He needs me to do.
So, I'm trying to be humble and put my dreams aside so I can fully be open to God's plans for me, whatever they might be.
And, oh ya, I have to start being a full time Youth Minister tomorrow, so this should be fun.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment