Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Conditional Love

I was blessed to go to all three masses this weekend. It was great meeting and talking with lots of people and it was also wonderful hearing Father's homily THREE TIMES...
Anyways... it was good to hear it because it did get me thinking.
One of Father's main points was on conditional love.  True love has no conditions, it is unconditional.  If we start putting conditions on our love then that isn't true love.  God loves us unconditionally but so often we put conditions on our love for God. I have been guilty of this so many times.
Where I struggle is how my own desires come into this.  I have desires for my future, but is that the same as putting conditions on my love for God? I am supposed to just trust God and have faith that He has taken care of my future and if I just follow His plan for me I will be happy.  But how am I supposed to know His plan for me?  He hasn't really made things simple and clear.  So how do my desires play into all this?  I would love to live on my grandparents farm after they have gone, but recently I have felt that that is a desire I need to let go of.  What about my other desires though? To have a family, to live relatively close to my own family... do I have to let go of those to?  Are those conditions I am putting on God?
I so honestly want to do His will for my life but what desires (conditions?) do I need to keep going after and which ones do I need to let go of?

And I know the answer... prayer and trust/faith... yet, my mind still struggles.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment