Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Searching for Signs

When I think I have the correct desire in my heart I try to be more aware of signs that I actually am.  Everything becomes a possible hint from God that "yes, I'm on the right path here".  And that is just it, in my silly little head I can turn anything into "hey, that has a to a sign right there!"  This happens to me to the most when I listen to music.  I have my favorite songs playlist, set on shuffle.  If the right song comes on, boom, my thoughts go right to "this is a sign!"
This has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of trying to understand if I'm on the right track or not. I want nothing else to follow God's plan for me, yet, I still have my own wants and desires.  I pray they line up with God's but it literally scares me sometimes when I think that they don't.  I try to use these little signs to reassure myself that I'm doing what I am supposed to be doing.
But what if I'm completely following my own desires? What if I'm way off track and those were just the songs that came up, no sign, only a coincidence?
I keep thinking about things and telling myself not to.  Am I going to be doing this for the rest of my life or at some point am I going to be in love with God enough to not worry?
I have to remind myself to keep racing toward God.  If I know I'm doing that I have nothing to worry about.

-side note-- I need to get back to exercising... running toward God might be easier if there was less of me running

No comments:

Post a Comment