Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Turns Out I'm An Ambivert

Sometimes I can obsess over things... but really, who doesn't every once in a while?
Anyway, I came to the conclusion recently that I am an introvert.  I'm quiet, I avoid people sometimes and I like being alone.
Great... I just put myself in a box with a bunch of other people seem like loners.
I like people and do enjoy interacting with them, just not in certain situations. Also, interacting with people doesn't make me feel tired all the time, and in certain situations it gives me energy.
So where does that put me? Well, I found the answer.
I'm an ambivert.
I'm right in the middle of the introvert/extrovert chart. And it turns out most people are.
Sometimes I feel like being more introverted, so I will be. Sometimes I feel more extroverted, so I will be.
Walking around NCYC was fascinating. If I was a true introvert it would have been draining. It was exciting for me to have strange people come up to me and start talking. Yet at the end of the day, sitting on my bed in the hotel room watching SportsCenter was a great and welcome relief from the busy day.

So I can't claim to be an introvert youth minister anymore. I'm normal, just a little shy sometimes. And honestly, when I was in the stadium with 23,000 other people, one of my reoccurring thoughts was how awesome it would be up on that stage talking to all the youth in the building.

I'm an ambivert and I also want to be a keynote speaker at the next NCYC.

Peace all



No comments:

Post a Comment