Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oh People...

People cause me great amounts of anxiety. After a week that contained a very uncomfortable situation, how could I help but reflect on the fact that life would much less stressful if I didn't have to worry about other people!
We had a work meeting about benefits. As a 26 year old, single male, this was not a huge deal for me, but it was mandatory.  After the meeting, which we had to leave early, I lightheartedly starting talking about what we learned. My co-worker who I road with went off! It was not crazy or anything but I didn't know what to say. The 30 minute drive back to work was one of the most uncomfortable half hours of my life.
Then, when I decide to just let things be, the next morning she apologizes, and I again don't know what to say. To top it off, she starts tearing up, yet manages to hold it in, but I could see the waterworks building.
I love people. As a good Catholic gentleman I have to. Becoming a mountain man and living off the grid away from all human contact is not an option. Spreading the Gospel is what I'm supposed to do... and animals on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere do not need to hear about Jesus.
Still, being my own boss and only being responsible only for me sounds very alluring. What a career like that looks like for me I have no idea.
Here's to uncomfortable moments!

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment