Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Wally-World... Oh How I Dislike You

Well, I had to go to Wal-Mart today.  I generally do not like going there at all, and only will if it is the last place available. Grabbing the bare essentials I headed to the checkout line. Of course there were lines long at all the checkouts... all I could do was find a line and patiently wait.  The checker was talking about how her day wasn't going great as I unloaded my stuff. Leaving a large item in the cart we both went through the regular processes. Walking through the parking lot I suddenly realized that the checker never scanned my large item I left in the cart.  Being already out the door, I unfortunately went through the dance back and forth in my head.
It would have been easy to just keep going. Having almost talked myself into it my thoughts went to the checker who was not having the best day. Not knowing if the item could be traced back to her or not, I had to go back. It was a chance I could not take. My dislike for Wal-Mart aside, I could not do that to another human being.
I'm saddened and disappointed that I had to talk myself into doing the right thing. It's a fact though, and something I must face.  I have a lot of work to do but I know the Lord is answering my prayer to be able to love as He loves.
A hallow victory, but one I will learn from and thank God that I did the right thing in the end.
Here's to the day when my virtue is strong enough flick the devil off my shoulder or, even better, never give the devil a chance to whisper in my ear at all.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment