Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Spiritual Hemorrhage

Do you have any spiritual hemorrhages?  I know I sure do.  Like the poor woman from today's Gospel, her hemorrhages made her unclean and unhealthy for 12 years.  She spent all her money and met with every doctor she could to try to be cured, but she just got worse.  Until she heard about Jesus.  She was able to touch his clothes and "immediately her flow of blood dried up."  Jesus did not know who had touched him, but he knew power had flowed from him.  She came forward, falling to his feet and told him the truth.  He simply told her that her faith saved her.
So back to my hemorrhages.    Lukewarmness, laziness, complacency... the list goes on, these are just the ones I can really put names to.  What do I need to do to stop the bleeding?  Drop to the feet of Jesus and beg for help?  I can receive the body and blood of Jesus every day, but that still is not enough for this weak young man.  Do I have to go through 12 years of suffering?  I really do not think what I am going through is suffering though.  Maybe I need to do something radical... hopefully, someday, I will be able to hear what God needs me to do, and at the same time be open to it.I really do not like bleeding...Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment