Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, July 20, 2012

One of Those Moments

Sitting at a bluegrass concert with my father, surrounded by a lot of beautiful women, I was very distracted to say the least.  I've been struggling with a lot of things this week... many that I am not proud of and thought I had gotten over, or at least conquered somewhat.  So taking a few steps back and forth this week has been good and bad for me.
Anyways, one of the songs at the concert tonight was about heaven.  During that song, for one of the few times during the night I stopped thinking about women and relationships.  I felt, well,  happy and joyful... thinking about heaven. It pulled me out of my self pity of being 25 and single with no prospects at the moment... for a minute or two.
Then, it was right back into thinking about the future, and past relationships; all that fun stuff.  The thoughts of if I should have put more effort into my last relationship.  How much I miss it.  How much I trust in the Lord, thankfully, so I'm not freaking out... at least not yet anyways.  How jealous I am of people that are in a relationship.
I really need to start taking the words of my late friend to heart and start living them...
Stop searching for the one, and just be the one
When I can look myself in the mirror and be truly happy, then I will be ready for a relationship.  Until then, I'm just, well, living...

Pax!

2 comments:

  1. I've had many more years than you to gain wisdom, and one of the simplest and most important things I've learned is that love is a matter for the will, not emotions, and that love is giving, not getting. Seeking to live your life by giving of yourself to your neighbor yields a joy in life, and then (with no further effort on your part) you begin to notice that others want to give to you. Love is infectious, but it starts not from wanting from relationships, but giving to them.

    (And it doesn't hurt to be open to God's will for you: "Lord, are You there in this person, that I might serve You?")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice... I do need to start loving more. It makes sense... how better a way to find love then to give love...

    ReplyDelete