Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Over-Easy Please

Yolk... I like mine over-easy.  To spread the runny, yellowy goodness over the rest of the egg... dunk my bacon or sausage in it... wipe it up with the toast.... can't think of a much better breakfast... mmmmhhhmmmm... sorry... can you tell I like food?
Anyways...Jesus is talking about yokes, not yolks, today.  At mass, Father mentioned something that got me thinking.  When we think of oxen and their yoke, we rarely think of just one ox.  They usually always work in pairs.
(aren't they cute!!!!)
So... when Jesus says to "take my yoke upon you and learn from me" he his saying "let me help you!"
The problem is too many of us today drag our feet.  We want His help, but maybe we don't want to go that fast, or in that direction, or even move at all.
Others, much fewer I think, pull too fast.  They want to get ahead of Jesus, they want to pull Him along saying "lets go, lets go, I'm ready... I think I know where we are going!"  Those are the people that need to relax, be patient, and work with Jesus, not pull Him.
Whether being a drag or trying to get ahead, when not pulling equally with Jesus we get lost and the row does not stay straight.
Figuring out how to pull equally with Jesus, to make a straight row, that's the goal of life.

Please, Jesus, help me to pull my weight and also not get ahead of you.

Pax!

No comments:

Post a Comment