Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, July 16, 2012

He Wants Your Heart

He does not want your sacrifices, your burnt offerings or, yes, even your measly few bucks you throw into the offering plate.  What God really wants is your heart.  He wants you to trust in Him and no one else; not yourself, not others.  You should love God above all things, above all other people.  If you love your mother,  your father, sister, brother, husband or wife, you are not worthy to call yourself a follower of Jesus Christ.  God needs to be number one, #1, in your life.  That is the only way to have joy in this life.
So at a time in my life, when I do not really know what I want to do with my life, or what I should do, how do I first find my life and then lose it for God?  Is God going to lead me to a life which I will then have to lose?  If I really find something that I want to do with my life, do I have to lose that and do something completely different with my life... i.e. lose it?  Or is the life I am living right now the one I need to lose?
This is going to be a long year....

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment