Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Good Ramblings...

Just some ramblings from the last 2 weeks.

The 4th of July went pretty well.  We were joined by lots of family at our lake cabin.  My two little cousins took their time, but eventually I became the favorite one to follow around, hearing the phrase "cousin, you want to play?" multiple times.  I was put in jail, a few times, a fire starter and marshmallow roaster, a dog trainer, a daddy and for little while I manned two fishing poles as the youngsters lost interest.  Needless to say, when they left the afternoon of the 5th, I was a tired cousin.

On the 7th, I was blessed, for the third time, to go on a river float with my sister and do some fishing at the same time.  The weather was great, the fish were biting alright... I caught three, lost a lot more... and I didn't look a lure until right at the end of our float.  It was a good day on the river, which pretty much beats any other type of day there is...
From the 8th to the 10th, I was traveling the backroads of Montana with my father.  He likes to keep in touch with family and has been interested in our family tree for a while now.  So our yearly road trip was set; see some family and some new country.  Fort Benton was a great stop, especially since I got to fish, and they were really biting in the Missouri River.  Highwood, Denton, Judith Landing and finally Winifred dotted the beautiful land of central Montana that we traveled.  We even found Lost Lake, called the 8th Wonder of the World by the locals.  A few trips down memory lane and long drive home made for a good few days.
Done traveling for a few days.  Summer is almost over so I need to get every last bit of time I can up here in the great north before I have to head down south.

Peace all!



No comments:

Post a Comment