Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Do I Annoy God?

On a long road trip with my father it should be no surprise that I started to remember things that he does that annoy me. It was something as simple as the way he ate an apple. Silly, I know, but it bugged me.
That got me thinking. I love my father very much but still things he does annoy me. So I wondered, do things I do annoy God?
Does God ever face palm when I do something stupid or annoying?
I don't think God does. God loves me so much that there is nothing I could do to cause Him to love me any less. My mind doesn't understand that because I can't love like that. People annoy me and do things that piss me off.  I love them as best I can, but I can't love them as perfectly as God love them or myself.
It was a humbling moment and a moment of grasping at God's love, a love that cannot be ever fully grasped.
I know God probably laughs at me all the time. Bringing God joy is something I need to be better at. If I make God more happy I will make others happy.

Peace all

1 comment:

  1. I loved my parents, and they loved me --- despite of who I am, or was. And I know their love never stopped. And yet I can remember the day when my dad told me that he was disappointed in me. That hurt so much. And now I don't even remember what it was that I did which caused his comment. But I know what he felt, and what I felt also.

    I know God doesn't stop loving me, but sometimes I think I disappoint Him. And that bothers me greatly.

    ReplyDelete