Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Christ's Love

After a rough week it nice to get away and be a part of a retreat where I was not responsible for anything. Three hours total of driving was worth it for the day I had.  Nothing truly mind blowing or earth shattering happened at the retreat. I did open up a bit and did actually talk to people including youth, and it was great. I also finally talked to a young lady who was helping with the retreat along her other team members who I've wanted to talk to. She gave a talk that focused on Christ and how important it is to see Him and focus on our relationship with him.  Another topic was how shy and quiet of a person she is and how she has learned to accept that about herself. Of course I was like "I know what you mean!", in my head of course.  Afterwards, and I don't really know how it happened, but I ended up talking to her.  I shared how I know what  its like to be shy and quiet.  She mentioned how it seems now that I'm not the only introvert youth minister in the diocese anymore.
I have to admit that since I have seen this young lady I have been attracted to her.  I was thinking about that on my long drive home as one would figure it brought me a great deal of joy to think about how I had actually talked to her and we made a little connection. Not trying to get my hopes up at all I tried to turn my thoughts to Christ and His love for me. This overwhelming feeling came over me as I thought about how my feelings of joy were just like the joy the Christ feels when I am active in my relationship with Him. My joy cannot compare at all to His, but just thinking how they are similar and how mine bit of joy made me feel just overwhelmed me for a moment.
Christ Jesus loves me more than I can image and I was blessed to get a taste of that joy today which was the icing on the cake of great day.

Bring Christ Jesus some joy today... all you have to do is talk to Him.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment