Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big Sky Inspirations

Yep, I changed the name again.  Partially out of writers block but mostly because I wanted a more simple name; and what could be more simply then my home? MT = Montana!
Anyways, as usual when I am home and head to mass I get recruited to help out with something.  Today I was an usher.  No big deal.  It was fun actually.  Standing in the back and watching all the latecomers and people who refuse to move upfront to open seats.  I was quite surprised by the amount of young couples with children.  Pleasantly surprised really, especially when my dad told me the numbers today were down.

Father had a pretty good homily today.  The message of we all have our crosses to bare is one I need to hear every now and again.
What I am thinking about is the crosses that we put on ourselves.  Can they really be considered crosses if they are burdens that we put on ourselves either by our stupidity, lack of faith or thinking that we know better?  I have plenty of those.  I really do not consider them to be the same "crosses" that Father was talking about today.    These "crosses" can be easily shrugged and let go of, if only we can place some trust in God and let go of them.
When I get to the point in my life when I quit putting "crosses" on myself, I think I will be doing pretty good.  The only way I can see to be able to do that is to truly put God first in my life.  When I can do that these "crosses" I am forcing myself to bare will be easily dropped and the true crosses I need to bare for Christ will become the focus of my life.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment