Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Grow Up or Grow Old?

I unfortunately did not make it to mass today.  Instead, I sat at the American Legion post with a group of men eating breakfast and drinking coffee.  All these gentlemen were veterans and all were at least 40 years older then myself; one being almost 70 years older.  It was a wonderful experience to say the least.  Listening to old men make fun of each other, tell stories, goof around and just laugh like a group of high school boys; it truly was a blessing.
I don't know where I heard it today, but somewhere I heard a quote going something like this - "We all have to grow up, but we don't have to grow old".
I have always been considered more mature then my age would let on; especially by adults.  I am all for growing up, but growing old?  I think I will pass on that.  Working with youth will no doubt help to keep me young.  I can be grown up without being old... seems I have acted grown up for a great deal of my life.  Still, I have acted my age and used it as an excuse too often.
I am finally understanding that I need to grow up in Christ and not in the was society or anything else thinks or says I should.
Growing up in Christ... that will bring me lifelong joy.  I pray more of us can figure this out.

Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment