Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, April 9, 2012

God = One

I am back in the desert.  Not exiled, but still searching.  The bright sun and hot sands still have some more work to do on me, at least for another month and half.
 
I had the most wonderful drive and subsequent jog today.  The drive was nice because it might have been my first ever constructive drive.  I did something during this drive that I have never done before.
I prayed.
I prayed a lot (well, for my standards).  I even received an answer to a prayer, or at least the answer I was looking for.  Only time and trust will tell if was an answer or just a coincidence.  I also sat in silence for quite a while.  No radio, no music, just the thoughts in my head and sounds of the road.  It was very nice.  Then a chat with a wonderful friend put a wonderful end to my drive.
After arriving at my destination and resting for a while I went for a jog.  I hadn't been running for a little while, so I went easy, listened to some new music I had purchased and tried to enjoy myself through the heavy feet and lungs.  Eventually I was not even listening to the music blaring in my ear as my mind was pondering many things.  I was thinking about my drive and the answer I had received.  Through the grace of God I remembered one thing... One.  It doesn't matter what answer I received because God needs to be #1 in my life.  I have never fully been able to do that in my life.  If want the answer I received to be the right answer I need to keep reminding myself to keep God as top priority in my life.  If I can do that, everything else will be fine and things really will work out for the best.
God = One - #1 in my heart and in my thoughts.
I need to do this now!

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment