Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Know, I Know, He Is Risen!

Well, I have seen plenty of the cliche Easter posts on blogs and especially on Facebook.  The funny thing is a lot of them are from people who do not come off to myself as religious people... but who am I to judge; God is much better at that.
Saturday night I was blessed to be asked to assist in altar serving for the Easter Vigil mass.  I remember serving  for this mass when I was back in high school.  One moment sticks out in my mind when I think back to that night.  I distinctly remember Father leaning over to the deacon and saying as the Tabernacle Light was lit and the Tabernacle was being closed that "Christ Jesus is once again with us".  I thought that was so cool at the time, even though I understood very little about it.
What will stand out the me from this years Easter Vigil is the joy and utter excitement of the last candidate for baptism.  As Father asked her if she wished to be baptized into the faith she had just professed she let out the most joyful "yes" with a smile and giggle and almost jumped into the font.  The smile never left her face even as she was dunked three times in what I can only assume was lukewarm water at best.

That is the kind of faith and joy we all need.  Each time we walk into a church and dip our fingers into the holy water and cross ourselves to remind us of our baptism we should show this joy!  When the priests and deacons sprinkle us with holy water we should be smiling with all the joy in the world as we are either get  barely hit by a drop or drenched with a fresh dip in the bowl!
A new challenge for myself.

Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment