Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Faith Like A Child


"Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it"
Mark 10:15
A follow up to yesterdays post.  As I was reading through other blogs (all of which are tons better then mine) and I was struck by an article reminding me of this verse and bit of truth given to us by Jesus.
To have the faith of a child is what we are all called to have.  That is one of the reasons I have no desire to "grow up". 
Think about it.  Children wake up each day with an excitement for life.  They go through the day seeking joy and laughter.  They worry about very little, if nothing at all.  They  do not pretend or act like they know anything, like so many grown ups do.  They simply live life for the joy of it.
That is how we should all live.  That is how I want to live.  I do not want to live anymore like I know what God's plan is for me.  I want to drop all of my knowledge and aspirations for the future and simply live each day for God.  I want to live like a child, with childlike faith and trust in God.  We should all want to wake up each new day with childlike excitement wanting to experience God in a new way.
I want to quit pretending like I know what is best for me.  I have lived long enough to know that I really do not and have not.
That should keep me young :)

Peace all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is really deep! I've just started a blog called Painting A River. Please check it out!
    Link is http://paintingariver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. To have Faith is to believe when your common sense tells you not to.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete