Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

It Comes and Goes

You'd think this wouldn't surprise me. I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, but when it comes to life and its happenings, I'm constantly humbled it seems. 
What has surprised me is the daily coming and going of a sense of peace. Almost every day of this last week God has provided me with a sense and feeling of peace. Those moments are wonderful and truly are blessings. Moments when I'm completely surrendered to God and His great love for me. But I'm human, so it's only a matter of time before my mind starts thinking. I'm confident the devil does whatever he can to trigger this also. It doesn't take much, but just the slightest thought will set my mind off, and I'm back thinking about things that I hoped I'd given to God. 
This coming and going of peace in my heart is tough, but its getting easier. Times of despair are getting shorter and the feelings of peace are getting longer. 
I should have known nothing would be instantaneous or permanent. That's just not how things work. God is helping to strengthen me though, and for that I am forever grateful. 

What helped me find peace last night was a video. I was listening to Catholic radio while driving yesterday and heard about a priest who has put a website and videos together to help people grow closer to the Holy Spirit. 
Check out www.thewildgooseisloose.com

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment