Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Doing What I Can

I'm reading a book called "Abandonment to Divine Providence" by Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade.
This quote from the book sums up exactly my goal.

"whatsoever You will. The mind prefers one thing, the body another, but, Lord, I desire nothing but to accomplish Your holy will. Work, contemplation or prayer whether vocal or mental, active or passive; the prayer of faith or of understanding; that which is distinguished in kind, or gifted with universal grace: it is all nothing Lord unless made real and useful by Your will. It is to Your holy will that I devote myself and not to any of these things, however high and sublime they may be, because it is the perfection of the heart for which grace is given, and not for that of the mind."

It's a great read so far. I'm not trying to rush through it. I'll read something and if it doesn't sink in I'll read it again. At this point I'm doing what I can do to try do discern God's will for my life. This is reading is helping, but there's always more I can do.

Peace all

1 comment: