Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Maturity

Looking at other blogs I found this awesome article about emotional chastity.  I got to this part about maturity, and since I am supposed to be growing up, i.e. maturing, I thought this quote was awesome for what I am in the process of. 
The quote is actually a quote itself from some financial guru named Dave Ramsey.  This is what he says maturity is:
“Learning to delay pleasure for a greater good. Children do what feels good, adults devise a plan and follow it.”
This makes total sense to me and it is in large part to my faith that I truly understand what this quote is getting at!
Delaying pleasure is not easy, but it is worth it and it is something I need to do if I am ever going to truly be grown up.


P.S.- here is the link to the article I got this from... it is aimed at ladies, but I read it anyways and I am glad I did.  If you want to know about healthy relationships this is an awesome article!


http://jamieleigh126.blogspot.com/2009/10/emotional-chastity-love-emotions-taylor.html

Enoy!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment