Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Name...

I guess I have name ADD, which I am not sorry about because I will probably change the name of my blog again, so why apologize.
I taught in class this last week about St. Augustine.  He is the poster child for a lost youth finding God as he grew older and started to learn.  I taught my classes how he went from a life of no beliefs to trying Manichaeism for a while, which is a heresy that basically taught that one god created good and another created evil, in a very brief summary.  He then went on to read Plato's works and even met Bishop Ambrose, but his heart remained restless.  That was something I emphasized, his heart remained restless.
Then we get to one of my favorite quotes from the Church Fathers... "our hearts are restless, O Lord, until they rest in you"-- St. Augustine
So back to the name... I do not feel like my heart is restless enough, right now.  I am beginning to feel very at easy and content when I am praying, but I have a long way to go and I do not feel like I am restless enough to get there.  Too many things distract my heart from being truly restless for not resting in God.
I pray this Lenten season my heart will become more restless.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment