Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Worst "Catholic" University

From what I've read and heard, Georgetown takes the cake for the worst large "Catholic" university, and as far as I know there is a petition out there to have its Catholic standing removed. I say go for it.
What is frustrating is the smaller "Catholic" universities and colleges that are out that might be doing just as much damage to the Catholic faith as big ol' Georgetown.
Especially frustrating is the fact that one of the "Catholic" universities is directly affecting one of my dear friends and I honestly don't know what I can do.
The University of Great Falls is very much, from what I've been told, Catholic only in name, not in action. Currently, they have no Catholic campus minister. There had been a young lady in the position earlier in the year, but she quit. Apparently she could not take the lack of support and gave up on fighting a losing battle. There is however a protestant campus minister who is at the moment in charge also of Catholic ministries, like setting up mass and being in charge of the Sacristy. This I find completely absurd and pretty much down right terrible. There is no daily mass and no permanent priest on campus to boot.
For some reason the president of the school is completely fine with this and basically asked the one person on campus trying to make sure the school has any visible Catholicity to kindly leave.
I know writing this isn't going to do much of anything.
I pray for the president of the University of Great Falls and for all the students who are not being given a proper and true Catholic education.

No comments:

Post a Comment