Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, December 30, 2013

St. Joseph and Prayer

I'm not sure what mass it was at, but I keep thinking about what Father said during his homily about St. Joseph. He, St. Joseph, was a man of great prayer.
This is not an understanding that I ever thought about much. We know that he was a good guy and was also a good foster father to Jesus. Before all of that though, Joseph was a man of prayer. He would have done all that he was supposed to do as a Jewish gentleman and probably then some. What is most important is that because he had such a good prayer life he could tell when God was speaking to him. When the angel appeared to him in a dream he didn't question. His closeness to God assured him that God was instructing him, and thank goodness for that. If Joseph had not been a man of prayer he could have just shaken off the dream went on with his life. Yet his relationship with God was so strong he knew when God was speaking to him.
Was does all this mean for me? The same old thing really. To know God's direction for my life more clearly I must grow closer to Him, and I do that by prayer.
I don't know why, but when I am home I struggle with my prayer life more then when I am alone at my apartment.
I've got a lot of work to do.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment