Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Love and Soul Mates

I wrote this to a friend... and I actually liked what I wrote, so I figured I should share it.


As far as someone leading me in my faith... I don't want that.  I have always been the pusher in my relationships, or at least the one that was defending the faith.  It was nice talking to you and not having to defend my faith and what it stands for.  I don't think I should ever need one person to pull me along in my faith... that is something that I should do.  St. Paul never had anyone... most saints didn't have anyone but God when I think about it.  Sure, they had help at times, but it was always God that was pulling, not another human being, unless you count Jesus.  So I would like someone to walk with me, wherever they are in there journey.  My journey is mine and God's.  I trust in God to keep pulling me, and oh how he does! (we both know that)

As for soul mates, well, my soul, along with every other persons, longs for God.  If there is someone out there who can bring me closer to God, then I would consider them my soul mate.  Sure I have a list, who doesn't?  Its what is discovered that is beyond that list that makes dating exciting!  Someone may fit the list perfectly but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  I know that I can never love another person perfectly, as no one can love me perfectly.  We're human, no relationship is going to be perfect.  A relationship can only be perfect in how well the two stay focused on Christ.  As Psalm 146 says, I will put my trust in God, not in humans when it comes to all things.  I also really hope that 7 men do not have to die before I can find my wife, should that be God's will.

Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment