Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Is It Even Possible?

I've been reading "Abandonment to Divine Providence" by Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade. The first line of Section VII- Trust in the Guidance of God goes like this..."The docile soul will not seek to learn by what road God is conducting it".
What?!
Later on I read "This soul, therefore, is urged on without perceiving the path traced out before it".
Great, so what do I do then? Do I literally need to just not plan anything and go day by day?
That honestly sounds great, but don't I need to do something? Should I not be looking at possible jobs or places where I can go and get a full time job in a profession I'm trained in and have experience in? Is God going to send me some divine intervention of a job I should apply for or instructions of what I need to do?
Spiritually I understand this. To follow God's will means to daily follow His will and take each day as it comes. I shouldn't look to the future with worry but with excitement. But I can look ahead with my own plans in mind. That is so hard to do for me right now. It feels like all I'm doing right now is looking ahead to what is next. That's why I've applied for jobs. Past that I haven't done anything though. If I'm offered one of those jobs do I take that as a sign that that is the way God wants me to go? Or by the simple fact that I've done something in order to plan my future have I screwed everything up?

I just so badly want to do God's will but I so badly want to know also, so I'm struggling right now. I don't know what to prepare for. If I should be looking for a job I need to be doing that between now and May. What do I need to do? Where is the balance of prayer and action?
The internal struggle goes on as I try to follow God's will each day.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment