Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Don't Let One Good Desire Become Your Ultimate Desire

As a young adult Catholic my ultimate desire is God. Do I live my life in a way that reflects that always? No, I do not. 
I've had lots of good desires throughout my life. They were of course inspired by God so there has been nothing wrong is any of my good desires. Where I went wrong is when I put a singular good desire above others. Looking back I've probably done that many times. Many times those where also largely selfishly motivated. 
It's easier to go after something that you know is good, but it's harder to keep God at the forefront when that good desire is also a little bit selfish. 
If I knew how to not be selfish living the life that Jesus needs me to would be so much easier. But I do think about myself more than I know I should. Of course I think of others, but it's never enough and never will be enough until I'm in heaven. 
At the moment the best way I know to desire God's will over my own is going day by day. It's not easy, and my own thoughts and dreams still flood my mind all the time. Putting my good desires in perspective is a good realization for me though. Those good desires are truly good, but God's desires for me are better, actually the best, so I can't hold those good desires up as the ultimate. God needs to be my ultimate desire and I pray these other desires will lead me to Him.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment