Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Still Got Work To Do

It is tough looking for the good in others when you are competing against them.
That is the trouble I ran into this weekend when playing in a softball tournament with my friends.  For whatever reason, I was looking for ways to criticize the teams we were playing; and too often I voiced my thoughts.  People that act like they are, sorry... the shitz... frustrate me to begin with.  It is easy for me pick out things to speak ill about them about and this weekend I did that.  I criticized people on the other team to the point that my own teammates were like "whoa! aren't you a theology teacher?"  That was the moment that slapped me upside the head (which seems to be the only way I truly learn lessons anymore).  
I made a to point to quit what I was doing and start looking for the good in my opponents.  I took time to thank  God for the ability to be playing a fun game with my friends and to have people to compete against.  Criticizing them  did me no good at all and left me feeling like crap, especially when they ending up besting us. 
Looking for the best in others, even when we don't want to is tough... but its worth it.  After today's games, I felt a great deal better about myself and did take more time to thank God.  
I still got work to do, so the slapping will continue.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment