Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sad

So I am watching "The Doctor Oz Show" at the moment. (yes, like finding out ways to improve my health, even  if the show seems to be more geared toward women.)
The show today is talking about "the pill" and how it can be used as a cancer preventative.  I have no problem with that at all; please, anything to reduce cancer.  The Catholic Church says there is nothing wrong with using the pill in ways to improve the health of women.
Here is the problem I have though. The guest doctor who is talking about the pill has stated a few times that the pill reduces the "risk of pregnancy".  This makes me mad!!!!
Since when was pregnancy a disease?  Since when was creating life attune to having cancer or the common cold?
I can wash my hands to prevent the risk of getting sick.  I can run and eat better to reduce the risk of becoming overweight and unhealthy.  I can drive defensively to reduce the risk of getting in a car accident.  Becoming pregnant and partaking in the amazing act of creating life is not a sickness or disease or a risk to anyone like a cold or cancer.
We truly are living in a "culture of death" if we have reduced pregnancy to a disease.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment