Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oh What Love and Joy

At mass today I was blessed to have a beautiful family sit right in front of me.  The quintessential American family; 3 kids, a mom and a dad.  I tried my best to not let them distract me during mass, which really was not that difficult.  The kids behaved perfectly well for there ages (the little girl did a lot of figgiting with her hair, which was just super cute).  I did watch them though at times and it just made me smile.  Seeing their love brought joy to me.  Watching the mother and father intertwine their arms when standing during prayer and then holding their children and whispering to them.  Never harsh words or looks, only love and compassion expressed at all times.  The kids even genuflected with more reverence and respect then most adults do.
I could not escape the longing in my heart that maybe someday I may be blessed to have and share in that same love and joy with a wonderful woman. Still, through the grace of God, my mind went right to reminding me that "not my will, but Your will".
So I prayed to be prepared for my future, for God to open my eyes so I may see my path and follow Him, wherever He might lead me...and that is where I will find my greatest joy.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment