Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lord, I Want To See

Unfortunately I forget about the simple prayer of Bartimaeus. Luckily we hear it in mass about once a year I think (I'm not a liturgist), so the yearly reminder is much appreciated.
Wanting to see is such a simple thing. For Bartimaeus, it was all about his physical sight. I'm sure everyone who has heard a homily about this gospel passage knows that it means more than just physical sight for the rest of us. I get that.
Today I honestly did pray to be able to see; to see something very specific in my life. This very specific thing has huge implications on my life and where it might lead. For myself, today, I asked God to help me see the path He needs me to take with a specific person.
Am I being called to continue the path I have chosen or does God need me to give up everything and take a different path. I'm all for taking the more difficult path, but I really really want to know which path God needs me on.
Thankfully, this situation has lead to an increase in my prayer life and it's also serving as another reminder that I need to be patient.
Bartimaeus was blind for most of his life so I guess I can be patient for a few months or a year a two.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment