Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

FOMO

Fear of missing out... is driving me crazy.

I'm back trying the whole college thing again. I figure I'm still young, and I even look like a college kid if I shave my face regularly, so why not try it all again.

A big motivational driver for college kids is "fear of missing out". This keeps them from committing to things, hoping that something better might come along. Not committing to hanging out with one group of friends hoping that a cooler group of friends will contact them. I'm sure this leads to a lot of lonely nights for many.

Currently, I happen to be dealing with "fear of missing out" in a bit of a different way.
Being a single gentleman in my late 20's I'm finding myself checking out all avenues of ways to meet women. I've even gone as far as getting onto Tinder, the infamous "hook-up" app (though I'm not looking for a hook-up). Fear of missing out is driving me to try everything because I don't want to miss an opportunity. Maybe the woman for me will be in the next swipe right, or maybe if I don't check CatholicSingles tonight I might miss out on an amazing girl who might like me.
Fear of missing out is causing me to be impatient I'm afraid, but honestly, what if I get off all things and miss my opportunity? If I'm seeking something, shouldn't I actually seek and not just sit back and wait for it to come to me? But everyone says you'll find the right person when you aren't looking for them.
My mind is an endless hamster wheel over this. And it doesn't help that there are beautiful women all over campus, which is not helping me in my trying not to look.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment