Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Bad Mood?

I really have not been in a bad mood lately... but apparently... and I have lots of students who tell me this everyday as of recently... I seem like I am in a bad mood.
It can be enormously frustrating when I am really not in a bad mood but continue to get asked if I am, or I get the ever dreaded "whats wrong?" question that so many are too quick to ask because they think they deserve to know.

That, my friends and students, will get me in a bad mood.
One of the downfalls of working with youth is they still have a lot to learn.  I can see when many of them are in bad moods or something seems to be troubling them.  Asking them out-right is something I rarely do, unless I can tell they have something they have to spew to anyone who has ears to listen.
I myself, being in introvert, am slow to divulge anything, especially to high school kids, and especially to nosy ones.
Am I changing?  Constantly.
Am I different from the teacher and person I was 2 years ago? Oh yes.
Am I struggling with things in my life? Of course... that is a part of life for a single twenty-something year old.
Is it really annoying to have a bunch of students that think they know me and want to know all about me? Yes.
Am I questioning my career choice?  Even more so this year it seems.
Am I still trusting in God?  I hope so.

Pax


No comments:

Post a Comment