Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

When I Feel Most Like A Child of God

I was reading my favorite blog today, and it got me thinking, as it often does (which is why I read it!).  The author was writing about how we as humans often say that we can't fight our sins, everything is stacked against us, so we give in.  I used to be like this... still am with many things.  The point of his whole blog was that we as humans have free will; we can do whatever we want.
So... I feel most like a child of God when I use participate in my gift of free will.  When I can turn away from a sin or from that last piece of cake that I really do not need... I feel more alive!

Those times when I can make my own decision, even if it goes against everything the current environment or urges are telling me, are the times that I look back on with wonder and thankfulness. 
As humans, we have the gift of free will and when we fall into routines of sin or lukewarmness with our faith, we fail to live up to the gifts that God has given all of us.
So as my favorite blogger suggested to do today, go out and do something just because you can and not because others or your urges say you should or you shouldn't.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment