Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Great Divorce

I sat down and read C.S. Lewis' book "The Great Divorce" yesterday.  I had started it on my long journey home, reading the preface and the first chapter never to pick it up again until yesterday.  This might be the first book I have ever read all the way through in one day... well, at least most of it anyways.  It is a short read really, and I fully had no intent to read it all through in one day, but I could not put it down.

I won't spoil anything for anybody, but the book is not about divorce (I had to explain this to my mother), it is about Heaven and Hell.
Here is one of my favorite quotes from the book.
Never fear. There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done."
 Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment