Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Few Facebook Rants

Facebook gods...
     Most friends I have on facebook are pretty good about this, but one person keeps telling the world about all of their problems and feelings, and then has gall to ask everybody to stop telling him how he should be feeling because 'we don't know what he has been going through'.... Well, I see an easy way to fix this.  Quit fricken telling everybody on facebood about your problems!!!!!  If you don't want the facebook gods to bother you, quit offering up all your problems to them and offer up your pain and suffering to the One True God.
Facebook friends
     Many of you know my ex is now engaged.  I don't have her as a facebook friend, but we do have lots of friends in common of course.  This leads to me being able to see her profile on a limited basis.  And of course her pictures are of her and her new fiance.  This frustrates me, for lots of different reasons and none that I am proud of.  I guess I am A) jealous; jealous that she has found the love of her life.  What makes it even better is that she found her love in the city I moved to to be closer to her, and now look who is single!  B) pissed; pissed at God that I can't just move on... get over it... get on with life... I am supposed to be stronger then this!  C) sad; sad that I can't just quit facebook because it is the only connection I have to a lot of my friends that I need to talk to more, but don't.

Facebook pictures
   I guess it was inevitable that when I hit my mid twenties all my friends that are all "grown up" and having kids would post pictures of their adorable little ones all over facebook for all of us to see.  The endless pictures of your babies make me want to puke!!!!!!!!  I get it, you have a kid that consumes your life now... great for you... I don't need to be reminded every day that I am getting older and that I am no where near ready for a baby.

Thats all I got for now... God give me strength... patients at least... please

Peace all!

1 comment:

  1. Wisdom does come with age, my young friend. One of the greatest awakenings for me came when I really realized that I often said "Thy will be done" but wanted it to be my way. I couldn't understand why God didn't see my logic in a situation, and give me the answer I wanted to my prayers to Him. There came a point, however, when I realized that He is God, and ipso facto I could not understand His will, even if I were to perceive it. It would be strange to me because I am not God, and can not understand God's reasoning. I need to pray for His will to be done in me, and accept that it will include outcomes I don't understand. And I must be content with them.

    I pray to know His will; I discern it as best I can; then I do what I believe He would want me to do. And then for any horrible, crazy outcomes that occur, things I just don't understand and can cause me to just rage --- well, I have to stuff it.

    You won't understand why when you do your best some things just seem to turn out as crap right now. Perhaps in 20 or 30 or 40 years you will look back and see, in wisdom, that what happened was the creation of a beautiful fertilizer, which helped your life bloom. And He let it happen because He loves you.

    You just need faith in that, my friend.

    ReplyDelete