Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Corpus Christi

Altar serving at mass today was an enjoyable experience.  Two baptisms made the mass a little longer but a visiting priest meant I had less to do.  
While sitting quietly in front of the entire congregation, I remembered back to one of the best homilies I have ever heard.  I unfortunately cannot remember the priests name.  He was new to my college in my last year there and every homily he gave I very much enjoyed.  
This homily stood out to me because he did not mince words and his point fit perfectly with today's Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ.  
Christ did not say "this is kinda my body" or "this is a representation of my body" or "this is a mixture of my body and bread"... Christ said "this is my body" and "this is my blood" (emphasis added).

The Real Presence, the Body and Blood of our Lord given up freely for us.  Mass is such a wonderful and needed celebration and sacrifice!

Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment