Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Lesson

Teaching is a funny thing.  There are so many different ways to asses how effective your teaching has been.  Tests, quizzes, projects... and a fun one for me; how my students treat each other.
I am in no way a great teacher. I tell my students that all the time and they just say "yes, you are!"  and I just say "thanks"  with my most condescending tone.
So today, I felt compelled to try to try to teach my seniors something.  I took a blog post from my favorite blog, Bad Catholic, and did my best to turn it into a PowerPoint that I could share with my students.  I think it went alright.  It is honestly very difficult to tell considering my audience were in the midst of their last day of their high school career.
Nevertheless, I am glad I did it.  If any of it sunk in; great!  If not, I at least tried.
I did enjoy my last comment to them though... I remember it going something like this... "please, please, don't become a person who would like hell better then heaven"
Graduation day tomorrow and I head home in a week!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment