Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Greatness!

Is it weird to have a feeling that I am destined for greatness?
I had these thoughts while at mass today.  The deacon, after talking about how we are not alone even though Jesus ascended into heaven, said something in his homily that allowed me to drift off into my own thoughts, which happens quite often.
Those dreams of greatness, of fame that we have when we are young have not gone away for me.  I have this feeling that God is going to use me for some kind of greatness.  I use "greatness" loosely, because it could be greatness for the world or just a few people... God only knows at this point... haha!  Yet greatness is what I will accomplish, on whatever lever, for God, if I keep to the path He has for me.  Thinking about all of this I read the quote that I have off to the side here... right over there ---->
My struggle is to do things the way God wants me to do them, and not the way that I want to do them, which is always the easy way and more pleasing to me.  Am I going to complain about it? You already know the answer to that... of course I am!  I am getting quite good at complaining about the path God has me on, but I am still on it ; )  I'm not straying, as much I want to.

Peace all

1 comment:

  1. Your site appeared on New Catholic Blogs today, and so I thought I'd take a visit.

    Good thoughts here; I think I may stay a while. There is so much to think about in trying to know and do His will. Sometimes that "small, still voice" seems too small. Sometimes my prayer is: "Lord, will you whap me upside the head if I am not listening, please?"

    ReplyDelete