Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Fearful Yet Overjoyed

If you attended daily mass today you've already heard the words "fearful and overjoyed". This is how the Gospel writer Matthew describes the women as they ran from the empty tomb on the morning of Jesus Christ's resurrection.
These days I find myself feeling very much the same way, though sometimes the fearful part approaches that of being too much.
What I will be doing and where I will be come this fall is still very much a mystery to me. I'm very much torn between a desire to continue in ministry, which will take me away from home, and a desire to stay home and help my family.
My sister has been going through some tough things lately. The roommate she had up until recently was nothing but trouble so she is in need of a new one. Also, one of her caretakers has been very flaky and recently turned in her two week notice, so my sister is also looking for another personal care assistant. She's asked me before if I wanted to be her roommate, but right now I can't afford it and would have to move out in a few months anyway for my summer job.
If I do end up staying close to home I could be a good, stable roommate for her come this fall. That would mean I'd have to have a full time job and I wouldn't be able to travel much because she needs someone around every night in case of emergencies. I'm willing to do that, and would love to do that, but I don't know if that's what I need to do.
I'm looking at and applying for jobs in ministry and teaching. None of them are close to home and would require a big move on my part. All of which I'm willing to do.
To get back to it all, I'm fearful that I will make the wrong decision and regret where I am come this fall. Yet, I'm overjoyed at the possibilities that lie ahead of me.
I'm very much torn, while at the same time trying to keep emotions out of this and just let God guide me.

I'm praying the Divine Mercy Novena with the hope that God will give me at least a clear direction to head in.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment