Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

You'll Never

You'll never...

  • be happy if you stay on this path
  • find true happiness 
  • be able to not worry about things
  • live up to God's expectations
  • be good enough for her
I went to reconciliation today. As I drove to work this morning I made sure I remembered that I had to go this weekend, I couldn't be selfish again. 
Sitting face to face with Father we had a good conversation. I shared how it seems like everything I do hits a wall and at the end of it all I'm left wondering what happened. 
Father shared how I need to look back, not at the wall, the crash and burn, but rather at what happened right before that. What I need to do is look at what led up to the crash. 
Where the devil leads a us astray is when we start to believe the statements that have finality to them. The statements I listed at the beginning of this post are ones I started to believe at one point or another in my life. The first one is the one I've struggled with the most I'll admit. 
As Father explained it, the devil tries to get us to believe these statements. That's the only manipulative power the devil has. Through God and His grace, all things are possible though. The statements of finality have no place in God's plan for our lives. I've never thought about it like that before, but it makes sense. 
I know through God all things are possible, so as I continue each day striving to do His will, I can't let these statements of finality get me down.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment