Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Can't Do It Alone

These last few weeks have been crazy for me.  My lazy summer quickly came to an end with friends visiting and a drive to Duluth and back for a wedding.  Then to top it all off, I got a job, which will now require me to move.
I've never claimed to do everything right, and these last few weeks I have managed to screw up in a few ways.  The one big thing that causes me to screw things up is my lack of communication and closeness to God.  Why I haven't figured this out before I don't know, but I have no doubt that the moments I am closer to God, I make better decisions. It's that simple.
I will take this knowledge into my new ministry as a Youth Minister for a Catholic community here in the MT.  As a teacher I was basically a youth minister whenever I wasn't grading papers, which I see as one of the biggest differences.
I know I will not be able to do this alone.  I need God with me and its my job to work harder at staying close to Him.
Prayers for my new ministry and my different view of the state I call home.
Peace all

1 comment:

  1. You're always in my prayers, my friend. I know what alone is; it's not a nice place to be. Try not to visit. But at the same time don't forget, for many a teen you may be counseling, it's not a strange place.

    ReplyDelete