Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More Little Hints

I guess I can call them hints.  That seems the be the best way to describe the little moments when things connect and I have no doubt in my mind that God is working in my life.
This one was really little, but I still liked it.
This last Sunday, Divine Mercy Sunday, was the end of my week off.  I spent a lot of time with my family, which was wonderful.  Ahead of me though was a long drive.  Having prepared for the drive, I had a collection of Lighthouse Media CD's.  A couple were talks given by Father Barron, a couple by Matthew Kelly.  I selected one by Fr. Richter... I think that is how it's spelled.  A priest from the Diocese of Bismark his talk was on trusting in God.  Well, these CD's always (I think...) have a bonus track on them.  As the CD is being introduced, low and behold to my surprise, the bonus track was from a talk given on God's Divine Mercy!
Yep, I picked the one CD out of a dozen that happened to have a segment on Divine Mercy, on Divine Mercy Sunday.


Peace all!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He does offer us small consolations, and we are blessed when we notice them. But sometimes we are even more blessed when He is quiet ...

    I think you might benefit from reading a book which I am just finishing, titled "Contemplative Provocations," by Fr. Donald Haggerty. It is a very simple read, but with great depth. The short paragraphs are only a few sentences long, but you could spend quite a bit of time in front of the Blessed Sacrament thinking about each one.

    Take the time.

    ReplyDelete