Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

American Christians

The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

This is the quote that started off a video I watched about four college guys from Texas that traveled around Europe talking about what it truly means to truly be Christian.  None of them were Catholic as far as I could tell.  One went to college at Georgetown, which doesn't mean anything as far as Catholicism is concerned anymore.  They talked about topics that go through my head every day... mostly things concerning the above quote... how to follow Christ.
At the end of the day, American Christianity, with the multitude of churches and the simple fact that if you don't agree with one pastor you can just find another, leaves most Americans that call themselves Christian lacking a whole lot.
I am proud to be Catholic, with faith rooted in Scripture and Tradition that was passed down from Jesus Christ, through his disciples and now through our Bishops and priests.  Every answer I have sought, the Catholic Church has had an answer.  When will Americans, and Europeans, start asking the right questions?

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment