Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Almost Halfway Done and the World is Opening

We're not quite halfway through the school year.  A couple more weeks, then finals, then a long awaited visit home.
I have, for all intensive purposes, gone into this school year planning on it being my last.
Don't get me wrong... I love the students, love the school, like most of the people and find the city livable... but I am ready for something new.  I have become stagnant in many ways.
In trying to bring Christ to my students I have flat-lined.  They know me well enough and have heard enough of my talks that there is little I can say to impress them anymore.  It is almost to the point that I feel like I need to leave for their betterment with the hope that new blood will help spur the fire that I hopefully kept kindled from those that were here before me. 
I have my own desires of what I would like to do after this school year.  Still, I am not set on them and being open to anything I believe is the best way to go into my future.
With my consecration to Jesus through Mary a few short days away, I am hopeful that Mary may give me some guidance on how I can start to become the best friend and follower of her son.
And wouldn't you know it, I found a theme song for my upcoming big day of consecration.
Peace all

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is right to move on, to another phase in our life. But like I've always counseled others, before you set on the road, have a destination in mind.

    Myself, I find that the big changes in my life were laid before me, as opportunities presented by God. Of late, I avail myself of them more, rather than seeing what "I might like more."

    ReplyDelete