Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Roof

So again at mass tonight I had another thought.
I kinda like the new translation of the response to the Ecce Agnus Dei, where the priest elevates the Eucharist and says:

“Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.”

And the response being:


“Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.”

I at first thought that this new translation was weird, and it sounded awkward to me.  After having finally memorized it I actually like it.
As you might know from one of my last posts, I am trying to grow closer to Christ and I this new translation seems to be helping me with that.
Saying that I am not worthy for Christ to enter under my roof does help me see him more as he really is, a human being.  Jesus Christ is somebody I can talk to, have a chat with, maybe even someday give a "high-five" to (which is another thought that went through my head at mass, which made me smile).  Saying this really helps me and reminds me that I can have a personal relationship with him.   He has gone through things I have gone through, experienced a lot of the same things and he can be my personal friend, if only I can let him in.
So yes, I am not worthy for Jesus to enter under my roof, just like the centurion from the Gospel of Matthew, but I thank him so much for joining me anyways.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment